- Waynesville School district celebrates MLK Day
- Posted Jan. 22, 2013 midnight
- The Waynesville R-VI School District celebrated the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on Friday through a district-wide Day of Service, led by volunteers in the AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps VISTA programs. Among the many activities, students at Waynesville Middle School transformed their upper gym into a factory for helping others by creating dog beds, designing cards, constructing jewelry, decorating signs, building an artboard, cutting and sewing “cooling wraps,” wrapping duct tape to make sturdy flash card holders and making laundry detergent.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition today and keep up with all the latest news and views from our community.
- Top Stories
- More than 300 volunteer for 'The Mission Continues'
- 19-year-old dies from vehicle accident, fire
- Roubidoux Plaza coming soon
- Nixon, GOP clash over Medicaid, driver's licenses
- House passes bill on lying about military medals
- Partridge scores bigs on PLC audit
- Law enforcement buckling down on those not buckling up
- Official: 2nd person killed by Oklahoma tornado
- High-speed chase crosses 2 counties
- Sculpture depicts nation, places in competition
- Mo. lawmakers pass budget patch for kids' program
- Read more top stories