- Powerlifting event raises money, awareness for domestic violence victims
- Posted March 6, 2013 midnight
- Local athletes spent last Saturday heavy lifting at St. Robert Fitness for a special cause. All proceeds from St. Robert Powerlifting competition went to the Genesis House in Waynesville. Genesis House provides professional counseling, shelter, education, work training, and support for domestic violence victims. . Event coordinator Frankie Murrieta said that the event raised more than $460 for the Genesis House. Representatives from Genesis House spoke at the event, urging participants to use their services and help those who are victims of domestic violence. If you or someone you know is a victim of domestic violence, call Genesis 24-hour domestic violence hotline at 573-774-2628 or toll free at 877-774-2628.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition today and keep up with all the latest news and views from our community.
- Top Stories
- More than 300 volunteer for 'The Mission Continues'
- 19-year-old dies from vehicle accident, fire
- Roubidoux Plaza coming soon
- Nixon, GOP clash over Medicaid, driver's licenses
- House passes bill on lying about military medals
- Partridge scores bigs on PLC audit
- Law enforcement buckling down on those not buckling up
- Official: 2nd person killed by Oklahoma tornado
- High-speed chase crosses 2 counties
- Sculpture depicts nation, places in competition
- Mo. lawmakers pass budget patch for kids' program
- Read more top stories