In just a few short days, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will touch down in Norway for the next leg of their worldwide jaunt in support of Wrecking Ball — a jaunt that’s looking less and less likely to feature more U.S. dates, unfortunately. Last year the fall tour leg had been announced by April 13 — but we’re still holding out hope for at least a few wrap-up shows in our neck of the woods.
Meanwhile, there have been more than a few interesting Springsteen sightings and developments in the run-up to Europe Part Two — catch up on the ones you may have missed in the links below. But first, we honor Norway with this teaser for the second season of our favorite Norway-set TV show ever (better turn down the volume if you’re at work):
And now, the links:
• In case you missed it, this qualifies as Fairly Awesome: LancasterOnline posts full audio from surprise 1984 Springsteen show at Pennsylvania nightclub.
• Springsteen is up for some Billboard Music Awards, although somehow I doubt he cares that much.
• Matt Damon accidentally makes “Wrecking Ball: The Movie.”
• An Australian fan blogs his 10-show Springsteen concert experience.
• Will Billy and Bruce ride off into the sunset together on Bruce’s new Billy-designed motorcycle?
• Roy Bittan on the E Street Band: “We have no reason to stop now.”
• Burgers and Bruce offers a beginner’s guide to Springsteen concerts (and burgers).
• And then there’s this, from popster Carly Rae Jepson: “Is it weird that I saw Bruce Springsteen at a concert, and he is about 70, and I thought he was pretty sexy?” There is just so much wrong with that statement.
Finally, a sad farewell to the one and only Richie Havens, who once brought his own special interpretation to “Streets of Philadelphia”: