Kevin Jennings, of Crocker, was sentenced in a manslaughter case from November of 2014 on Monday.

The charges were the result of a crash where Jennings' passenger, Tabitha Barnhart, of Dixon, was killed.

Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman announce the results of the case in a press release late Monday. According to Hillman, Jennings pleaded guilty to the charges of Manslaughter in the First Degree as a prior and persistent offender and Felony Driving While Revoked.

"Those charges arose from a traffic accident on Missouri Highway 133 between Crocker and Dixon that killed the passenger in his vehicle, Tabitha Barnhart of Dixon, in November 2014," Hillman said in his press release.

According to Hillman, Jennings was "driving in excess of ninety miles per hour at the time of the accident, was under the influence of several different controlled substances at the time, lost control of his vehicle causing it to spin, leave the roadway, and strike a tree."

Barnhart succumbed to injuries incurred during the crash and "was pronounced dead at the scene," Hillman reported.

“Unfortunately driving while intoxicated, whether it be alcohol or drugs, often results in tragedies like this,” Hillman said in his press release.

Judge John Beger sentenced Jennings to 15 years in the Department of Corrections on the manslaughter charge and another four years on the Driving While Revoked charge. Jennings is currently serving a six-year sentence for Possession of a Controlled Substance from Maries County. Beger ordered the current sentences to run concurrent to one another, but consecutive with the six-year sentence, according to Hillman.

The case was investigated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol and prosecuted by Kevin Hillman, Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys Ken Clayton, and Matt Miller.

“When you get behind the wheel while intoxicated, you need to be prepared to go to prison for a long time if you kill or injure someone, as this case demonstrates. I want to thank Trooper Greg Hackett and Trooper Scott Richardson of the Missouri State Highway Patrol for their hard work investigating this case. I also want to thank several Good Samaritan witnesses who stopped, helped as much as they could, and provided valuable information to the Troopers on the scene as well my office. Finally, I want to thank the victim’s family for their cooperation and patience through this process," Hillman said in his press release.